Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dolphins

I've been thinking about dolphins this morning and why I named my blog Dolphin Log, other than the fact that I've always felt an affinity for them.

Along the way, I found some lovely quotes:

"All animals except man know that the
ultimate of life is to enjoy it."

- Samual Butler; 1912

"There is something about dolphins.
It is difficult to put into words..."

- Mark Carwardine


"Diviner than the dolphin is nothing
yet created..."

- Oppian, Halieutica


"Listen to the voice of a dolphin,
and you shall learn the secret
to mankinds' survival: PEACE!!!"

- Mallory Watson


"Pushing through green waters
Symbol of joy
You leap from the depths
To touch the sky
Scattering spray
Like handfuls of jewels..."

- Horace Dobbs

A while ago I was asking people what kind of animal they would be, and here were some of the answers:

My aunt: a dog
My grandmother no doubt would be a giraffe
My mother: a rhino
George: a virus, so you can get inside and find out how things work
And for me, surprise, a dolphin because I'd like to be that smart and to swim around all day.

What would you be and why?

2 comments:

  1. A gecko on the sunny walls of a tiki bar near the sea

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea! I hadn't even thought of that option.

    ReplyDelete