Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Life Lessons of Pinball

A few weeks ago George and I went to dinner with a friend. Afterwards, my friend suggested that we stop by a place around the corner with a pinball machine. I was sceptical - how silly to play pinball, but I didn't want to squash the enthusiasm of the others.

We walked in, I discovered my inner child, I learned that George is a pinball master and I had SO much fun. (Also, inexplicably, I won 3 out of 4 games.) So, George's secret skill at pinball comes from when he was writing his dissertation. He'd reward himself with a pinball game every time he finished a page.

I take life too seriously sometimes, turning up my nose at childish things like pinball. And I had a great time. I need to do that sort of thing more often! Maybe that should have been one of my new year's resolutions as well. Have More Fun!

1 comment:

  1. Ah-
    You discovered the pinball truth.
    It is fun - we had a pinball machine in the house as I was growing it, and it was always a crowd favorite at parties. Alas, it was too big to keep moving, so it got sold. Otherwise, I'm sure I'd still be playing.

    ReplyDelete