Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Happy New Year!

As we enter the New Year, I thought I'd share a few resolutions:
  1. Be more patient and accepting, both of myself and others, especially those I love the most. It's so easy to be snippy with the people you see every day. As for being accepting of myself, it's so easy to say, "I should have achieved XYZ by this point in my life and I'm a failure if I haven't." Instead I will say, I am where I am, I am what I am, and I will move forward with my dreams.
  2. Work out more. Yes, I say that every year and look where it's gotten me.
  3. Be unafraid of failure and have the courage to take risks, professionally and personally. This allows for the freedom to dream large dreams and think big thoughts. Otherwise, one is limited to risk-free, utterly attainable "silent desperation" that plagues so many who have been beaten down.
  4. Have more dinner parties. After all, I love to cook and I love stimulating conversation.
My New Year started with champagne and spanikopita, spiced up with dancing in the living room next to the roaring fireplace (music courtesy of a group of wild Russians with a great iPod.) It's an auspicious start!

I wish all my readers a year energized by your ambitions and dreams, of deep-down satisfaction, and laughter.

3 comments:

  1. More dinner parties! Yeah! I'll make sure you uphold that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Ed B. Great Blog there Mish. Have you broken all of the resolutions yet?
    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  3. All good resolutions, particularly the dinner party one (and if you do more dinner parties, you probably should up your workouts, but then we all should do more workouts).

    ReplyDelete