Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sobbing for Saab

As a long-time owner and fan of Saabs, it saddens me to think that they're on the brink. Now the Swedish government has said no to helping.

This helps me to understand my reaction to people wanting to save the Detroit auto makers. Perhaps I was harsh in my opinion on saving Detroit because I have no affection for US made cars and because it would be MY tax dollars. But truth be told, I really wouldn't mind if Swedish tax dollars would go toward saving my nice little Saabs.

5 comments:

  1. So you're telling us that you have no feeling for your old Ford, but only for your new Saab? How soon one forgets. That Ford was faithful to you for many years if I recall correctly. I say sobbing for Ford! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since when did you start driving a Saab?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true, I had little affection for my Ford which was faithful to me for many years. How fickle I am!

    I drove a Saab in college and after college, and now again for the past few years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as nothing happens to the once-Swedish Volvo, all will be right in my universe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as nothing happens to the once-Swedish Volvo, all will be right in my universe.

    ReplyDelete