Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Venice was marvelous

The honeymoon was wonderful. Venice was wonderful. I had have loved Venice for ages, but I think that George really fell in love with the place.
Typical day in Venice:
  • Get up late
  • make some coffee, think about what to do for the day
  • stroll over to the vapporetto to take us somewhere marvelous
  • find some lunch, maybe grilled fish with a half carafe of wine
  • wander around, look at buildings, glass, the canals
  • have an aperitivo, a spritz with Aperol
  • home for an afternoon nap?
  • decide which neighborhood to hit for dinner
  • stroll around
I suggested to George that I should stay in Venice while he flew home to teach his class and then return. Alas. This part of the honeymoon is over. I know the honeymoon phase will last much longer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment