Sunday, January 6, 2008

N'Awlins

I lead a good life, but hey, someone's got to do it.

George had a meeting in New Orleans this weekend, and since I've never been there before I went along. Of course, people say it's not what it once was, but since I can't compare, I'll just say:

I loved it!

I spent all day Saturday wandering around the French Quarter, checked out everything from beignets to a shop that looked like it might fall down, where I bought a lovely lucite vintage clutch, to the fanciest antique store I've ever seen, (we got a peek in the back, upstairs room with the Renoir and checked out the $1/2MM Faberge cutlery set.)

Then, because tomorrow is the championship college bowl game between LSU and OSU, Bourbon Street was crazy-packed and a whole lot of fun as we went from Blues place to jazz place.

So, people, tell me your favorite place to go for a weekend get-away that's not too far.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, of course, Michele!!! Going through my "favorites", and just realized I haven't read your blog in quite some time. Now I subscribed to your feed. I don't know what that is, but that should keep me up to date, right?
    Nora

    ReplyDelete